- To formulate and execute the admission criteria ensure filling up seats according to merit & intake capacity.
- Committee will check applicants for admission to various courses.
- To revise and update college prospectus and other material related to the admission.
- To Update admission report to Higher authority.
- Preparing a file for every student, which includes his/her documents and academic record during presence and archiving afterwards.
- Preparing promotional material like (pamphlets, brochures and forms related to admission and registration) with communication through publication committee.
- Preparing all necessary arrangements for registration of students and courses, and monitoring follow-up add-and-drop out students.
DBIT Policy Document for Poor Students:
At Dev Bhoomi Institute of Technology we have in existence a “Poor Students Welfare” with 3 members, the ex officio Committee Convener being the Director and the ex officio Co Convener being the Dean (academics) of the College. It has two more members, one drawn from the faculty of DBIT and the other drawn from the admission cell of DBIT. The committee meets twice a year i.e. once in each semester to take stock of the implementation of its policies for Poor Students.
The committee members of the Poor Students Welfare have laid down the policy guideline as under which has to be implemented by the DBGI Management Viz. Uttarakhand Uthan Samiti:
- As per AICTE norms, tuition fee waiver (TFW) scheme is to be implemented by the management of the institute. The Uttarakhand Technical University (UTU), which is the affiliating body for this college, conducts the counseling of candidates for admission to various courses every year. As per the TFW scheme, five percent of sanctioned intake in all the branches is to be reserved for economically weaker students as per the criteria laid down by AICTE. These seats are to be treated as supernumerary seats i.e. these are over and above to the sanctioned intake of various courses offered by the college. The list of eligible TFW students is provided to the Institute by UTU after the counseling and the management is bound to grant admission to these students with waiver of tuition fee for the entire duration of their course of study.
- In addition to the adherence to the TFW scheme of AICTE, the management should endeavor to grant additional merit cum means scholarships to deserving students to encourage them. These scholarships may be granted at least for the first year of study at the time of admission.
- The management should also endeavor to start an “Earn while Learn” scheme to motivate meritorious and needy students of final/pre final years who are residing in DBGI hostels. These students may be given simple administrative tasks appropriate to their level of competence for couple of hours per day for a month or so after the college timings. Management must compensate monetarily to these students for services rendered by them. The scheme will not only supplement the student’s financial resources but will also bring into them a sense of pride and maturity.
The following are members of Admission Committee:
|Mr. Aman Bansal
|Mr. R. K. Mishra
|Dr. Manish Mathur
|Mr. Kuldeep Manral
|Mr. Digvijay Singh