At Dev Bhoomi Institute of Technology we have in existence a “Scheduled Caste/ Scheduled Tribe Cell" with five members,Director being the ex officio Chairman and the Registrar being the ex officio member secretary. It has three additional members drawn from different departments of the Institute including the admission cell. The committee will meet four times a year i.e. twice in each semester to take stock of implementation of welfare measures proposed for SC/ST students. Grievance, if any, of SC/ST students is attended on an emergent basis.
The committee members of the SC/ST Cell laid down the policy as under which has to be implemented by the DBGI Management Viz. Uttarakhand Uthan Samiti:
Role and Responsibilities
- DBIT management will follow the Government policy of reservation of seats for SC/ST candidates which is 15% for SC students and 7.5% for ST candidates. Counselling for admissions for DBIT seats is conducted by Uttarakhand Technical University (UTU) which is the affiliating body for DBIT. At the time of counseling each year, the AICTE approved seat matrix for all branches of study alonwith number of reserved seats will be conveyed by the Institute to UTU. Admission will be offered by the Institute to all candidates of reserved category who are selected by UTU on the basis of counselling.
- If all the seats reserved for SC/ST candidates are not filled on the basis of UTU counseling, the State Government permits for merit based counselling at the Institute level itself. The management will grant admission to SC/ST students according to merit list prepared on the basis of percentage of marks secured in 10+2 examination.
- SC/ST students are eligible for scholarships from the Department of Samaj Kalyan of the State Government. The Institute will offer all possible support to these students in completing their application forms with all necessary supporting documents. The institute will take the initiative to submit the forms of all eligible candidates along with due checklist to the concerned official of the Department.
- The management will charge fee from the SC/ST students as per the fee schedule applicable to general category students irrespective of the fact whether they are eligible for scholarship or not. Fees so charged will have to be refunded by the management to these students within 24 hours of credit of their scholarship amount in the institute account.
- SC/ST cell will function as a Grievance Redressal Cell for the grievances of SC/ST students and will render necessary help to them in solving their academic and administrative problems.
- The management will arrange remedial classes for academically week SC/ST student if so recommended by the SC/ST Cell.
- The management will make special efforts to groom these students for their placement particularly so in spoken English and group discussions.
- Management will grant a grace period of two months beyond the prescribed fee schedule to SC/ST students if a written request for the same is received from the parent of the student.
The following are members of SC/ST and Monority Welfare Committee:
|Name ||Designation |
|Mr. Dhajvir Singh Rai ||Convener |
|Ms. Meenakshi Rajput ||Member |
|Mr. Bhushan Kumar ||Member |
|Mr. Ravindra Kumar ||Member |
|Mr. Saurabh Rajvanshi ||Member |
|Mr. Rakesh Kumar ||Member |